I have been on a lookout for recipes that are high in protein & fats while they still go easy on carbohydrates. The other criterion being, they should be easy to put together on a regular workday. Carbohydrates have really received a bad rap for a long time now, so I wanted to experiment by cutting down the regular carbohydrates I have for my dinner. Here’s one of the recipes I cooked last week for dinner.
Greek Style Pan Fried Chicken in 20 minutes
Ingredients for the Marination
- 100-150 grams of Chicken Breast
- zest of 1 full lemon
- Powdered Black Pepper ( as per taste)
- Oregano / Mixed Herb seasoning ( as per taste)
- Olive Oil
- Bruised Garlic
- Honey ( A little bit, only for the taste)
- Salt to taste
Recipe for Marination
- Cut the boneless chicken breast into bite-sized pieces & fork the chicken at multiple places
- Mix the Olive Oil, Powdered Black pepper, Oregano, Bruised Garlic together with the chicken
- Put the zest of lemon into this mixture along with some salt to taste and mix it together
- Add a little bit of honey to your palms & mix it along with the mixture
- Add salt to taste & mix it all up again.
Let the marination rest for 10-20 minutes
Recipe to Cook the Chicken
- In a cast iron skillet, pour 1 tablespoon of Olive oil and let it heat well.
- Start resting the pieces of marinated chicken into the skillet.
- Cook the chicken for roughly 3-4 minutes on a medium-high flame. Flip it over when you see that the bottom part of the chicken has turned golden brown in color.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Try passing a fork through the chicken. It should slide easily.
- Add a little bit of water & cover the skillet with a lid – This is only to get some jus ready.
- Cook the chicken for 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Place the chicken into a dish & pour the chicken jus. Garnish with cilantro.
Serve the chicken with a small portion of rice or a whole wheat chapati or some bread. Eat it while it’s hot.