Here’s something I tried for dinner last night. I mashed up cilantro, lemon, soy, garlic, honey, chili flakes in a marinade to build this lovely dinner. This is called Pan Fried Chicken with cilantro & lime; It takes just 20 minutes to prepare & another 10 to eat it all up ;).
Pan Fried Chicken with Cilantro & Lime in 20 Minutes
Ingredients for the Marination
- 100-150 grams of Chicken Breast
- Finely Chopped Cilantro
- Soy Sauce – 1 to 2 tablespoon ( You can add more, but be careful about the taste of your marinade)
- Chopped Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
Recipe for Marination
- Cut the boneless chicken breast into bite-sized pieces & fork the chicken at multiple places
- Mix the chicken with all above ingredients
Let the marination rest for 1-2 hours. It tastes better that way. However, if there’s no time on hand, go with a standard 20 minute resting period.
By the way, I am documenting my fitness journey on Instagram. Here’s a photo from my last practice run. Hit Follow if you are around. I will keep you updated on everything I do to build my fitness, that includes good food and exercise.
A quick 10k to start a Tuesday Morning. The only note today is – I can do better by atleast 2 minutes easily. If I push myself harder, it could be 3-4 minutes. . . #runningman #runningcommunity #runningshoes #runningmotivation #RunningAddict #runningtime #runninglife #RunningDay #runningmanchallenge #runningclub #runninggear #runningbuddy #runningislife #runningworld #runninggoals #runningquotes #runningshoe #runninglove #runningfriends #runningtips #pegasus33 #instarun #runkeeper #fitness #pune #punefitness #punefitnessblogger #fitnessbloggers #10k
Recipe to Cook the Chicken
- In a cast iron skillet, pour 1 tablespoon of Olive oil and let it heat well.
- Start resting the pieces of marinated chicken into the skillet.
- Cook the chicken for roughly 3-4 minutes on a medium-high flame. Flip it over when you see that the bottom part of the chicken has turned golden brown in color.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Try passing a fork through the chicken. It should slide easily.
- Add a little bit of water & cover the skillet with a lid – This is only to get some jus ready.
- Cook the chicken for 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Place the chicken into a dish & pour the chicken jus. Garnish with cilantro.
Serve the chicken with a small portion of rice.