The Pear,Spinach,Ginger & Lemon Green Smoothie recipe is a very powerful drink and rightly because of some excellent ingredients that form it. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider having this smoothie –
Benefits of the Ingredients
- The Pear – The skin and the flesh of the Pear together contain a lot of fiber. The Pear contains substantial amounts of phenolic phytonutrients. These phytonutrients include anti-inflammatory agents and cinnamic acids that have shown to fight cancer. The skin of the pear is said to have about half of the Pear’s entire dietary fiber. In terms of pure fiber requirements, the Pear will give you a healthy dose of 4-6 grams of fiber. That is about 20-25% of your daily fiber requirements.
- Spinach – The Spinach is packed with a lot of great Fiber, Vitamins and minerals itself. However, to highlight the two main minerals, I would give it away to Copper and Zinc. Copper and Zinc are both available in traces in this green food. While Copper increases the absorption of Iron in the body and generates energy, zinc has a special benefit for men’s health. It helps them to keep the sperms ( testosterone levels) healthy.
- Ginger – Ginger is the traditionally powerful root. I add it to the smoothie to kick-start the metabolism for the day. Besides, Ginger can help you with indigestion as well.
- Lemon – Besides being rich in Vitamin C that helps you deal with the daily stresses of life, Lemon is great for your teeth as well.
The Pear,Spinach,Ginger & Lemon Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Medium sized Pear ( You may add another small one to it too)
- 1 Handful of Spinach ( Take two handfuls if you are using baby spinach)
- A small piece of Ginger root ( Grate it into the blender )
- Half piece of a medium sized lemon ( Squeeze the juice into the blender)
- 2 cubes of Ice
- 50 ml of Water ( Us as per consistency needed)
Put all the ingredients together into a blender and blend them for about 30 to 45 seconds till the mixture is creamy. This smoothie should serve 2.
Variations / Serving Instructions
- You can use a citrus fruit like an Orange in this Smoothie to add to the taste, and Vitamin C as well
- Flax seeds or Chia seeds can blend well with the ingredients of this smoothie
- The smoothie will taste the best if cooled in a refrigerator
Due to the ingredients like Lemon and Ginger, the smoothie gets a spicy taste. You could also say that this smoothie is a little more acidic in nature than the rest. The pear gives the Smoothie a nice sweet taste making you absolutely fall in love with this green drink. Try it out and post your comments in the section below. Stay fit. Stay Healthy.
QuickTip: Did you like reading this recipe ? Here’s a recipe for The Carrot,Apple,Ginger and Spinach smoothie recipe.