I tried this green smoothie for lunch today. Last night, I partied hard & so I needed something simple to calm the stomach down and get past the hangover. This 600 ml of green smoothie did the trick. The ingredients are power packed with natural nutrients & Here are a few reasons you should consider having this smoothie:
Benefits of the Ingredients
- The Pear – The skin and the flesh of the Pear together contain a lot of fiber. The Pear contains substantial amounts of phenolic phytonutrients. These phytonutrients include anti-inflammatory agents and cinnamic acids that have shown to fight cancer. The skin of the pear is said to have about half of the Pear’s entire dietary fiber. In terms of pure fiber requirements, the Pear will give you a healthy dose of 4-6 grams of fiber. That is about 20-25% of your daily fiber requirements.
- Spinach – The Spinach is packed with a lot of great Fiber, Vitamins, and minerals itself. However, to highlight the two main minerals, I would give it away to Copper and Zinc. Copper and Zinc are both available in traces in this green food. While Copper increases the absorption of Iron in the body and generates energy, zinc has a special benefit for men’s health. It helps them to keep the sperms ( testosterone levels) healthy.
- Cranberries – Cranberries contain phytochemicals also known as proanthocyanidins (PAC) which prevent the bacteria from sticking and multiplying. As a result, cranberries contribute to better urinary tract health. They lower risks of dental cavities and scurvy as well.
- Sweet Lime – This sweet and sour citrus fruit is packed with Vitamin-C and it contributes to a wonderful taste of this smoothie.
The Pear, Spinach, Cranberries & Sweet Lime Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Medium sized Pear
- 1 Handful of Spinach ( Take two handfuls if you are using baby spinach)
- A handful of cranberries ( I used dried cranberries for this recipe)
- 2 medium-sized sweet limes
- 100 ml of Water ( Us as per consistency needed)
A quick green smoothie for lunch. The stomach is still hungover from last night's party, the legs are sore too. This 600 ml smoothie glass contains – A handful of spinach, 1 full pear, 2 sweet limes, cranberries from @nikalovesberries & 100 ml water blended together till fine. Super tasty!?+ ?+? = ? . . . . . #smoothie #smoothies #greensmoothie #lunchsmoothie #fruitsmoothie #berrysmoothie #nikalovesberries #healthyeating #instafit #instagood #sundayvibes #sunday #fitnessblogger #healthandfitnessblogger
Put all the ingredients together into a blender and blend them for about 30 to 45 seconds till all ingredients blend well with the water
Variations / Serving Instructions
- You can use a citrus fruit like an Orange in this Smoothie to add to the taste, and Vitamin C as well
- Flax seeds or Chia seeds can blend well with the ingredients of this smoothie
- The smoothie will taste the best if cooled in a refrigerator
The star of this smoothie recipe is the Sweet Lime. It gives the smoothie a wonderful taste & if you have it on a warm summer afternoon, maybe after a hard game of Tennis, You will appreciate this more ;). Stay fit. Stay healthy. Drop in your comments in the section below.
QuickTip: Did you like reading this recipe? Here’s a recipe for The Carrot,Apple,Ginger and Spinach smoothie recipe.